Working my way through the Verdant sampler pack…

I think I could just smell the dry leaves all day. Dark, rolled leaves giving off an aroma of dark-chocolate-covered caramel, cinnamon, slight floral notes and perhaps raspberry?, plus a special oolong quality that I’ll call “X-factor.”

Steeped, it comes up toasty and nutty, with green tea-like flavors, and a subtle layer of chocolate. It has a light, clean texture, very drinkable. However, astringent and slightly bitter flavors do creep in with longer steeping, so be careful not to oversteep. Multiple shorter steeps are best.
I did not get much (if any) of the cream/butter qualities others picked up on.

Nothing crazy or shocking here—This is an oolong for when you just want a good oolong!

Ze_Teamaker

ahahahah X-Factor

Yeah Wuyi’s are pretty much short quick steeps only. I tend to like to under-leaf slightly. It helps when you are trying to get out subtle nuances in it; especially if you don’t have a gawain or have a slow pour tea pot.

Comments

Ze_Teamaker

ahahahah X-Factor