drank Rumchata Honeybush by 52teas

I need to write a review on this one, though I won’t rate it to avoid the appearance of manipulating the rating system.

My wife loves the honeybush blends. I love the fruity ones that make good iced teas, but she likes hot tea. I’ve never been a hot tea drinker, and I know that’s weird given my profession, but I love iced tea.

Anyway, we steeped a bunch of this like we usually do, enough to make her a hot cup and for me to make a glass of it iced, and I was a bit preoccupied and decided I could let mine sit a while and cool while I was working on something else, but she had her mug and immediately started mmmmmm-ing and ahhhh-ing and “oh my”-ing and offered me a sip.

I’ve never had a tea that I would actually crave as a hot tea. Until now.

To be honest, I’ve never had rumchata (remember, my helper had this idea), so I can’t say if it actually tastes like rumchata or not. I can say that to me, it tastes like a spice cookie dipped in sweet heavy cream. It is sweet and creamyish (considering it has no milk or cream in it) and sweetly spicy. It tastes like Christmas! Like grandma’s Christmas baking was blended into a cup of spiced, sweetened eggnog or something.

This is still yummy iced, but as a hot tea, it is amazing. It’s like it just makes you happy from the inside out.

Sorry. You know I don’t normally toot my own horn like this, but seriously, this is a tea you’re going to want to get your hands on.

Lala

I really had no interest in this one when you announced it, but you make it sound so delicious.

52teas

It really is. It’s one of those rare creations that surprised me even.