One of my favorite loose leaf teas of all time. I love cloves and chai spices, and this tea gives me the chance to drink it before bed (caffeine-free!). When I was new to tea, the rooibos does tend to be a tad medicine-like in flavor, but there are enough orange peels, ginger, and vanilla flavor to win you over. At this point, I have come to like the rooibos flavor and adore all the additional flavors in this tea. It truly is creamy and spicy at once and I have loved its versatility in many blends. Add mint and you get the flavors of a gummy spice drop. Add lapsang souchong and you get a smoky, spice treat. Add fruit for an almost pie-like flavor. And add more rooibos or caramel to get a major evening dessert tea. Caffeine-free, spicy, creamy, and flexible. A great standard for any tea-lover’s cupboard.

Flavors: Cardamon, Cinnamon, Clove, Cream, Orange, Rooibos, Spices, Vanilla

Artist, writer, reader, nerd in fandoms such as: Beatles, Sherlock, Monty Python, Simpsons, Merlin, Hell on Wheels, Game of Thrones, Mega64, and Adagio teas.

I have fun designing themed blends and trying the blends made by others on Adagio. I’ve made themed teas for AMC’s show, Hell on Wheels and for the comedy gaming group, Mega64.

I don’t take any sugar or milk in my tea and have a habit of over-steeping. I tend to prefer black teas, but I have a soft spot for mint teas in hot weather. I would like to get more adventurous in trying more green teas or other genres of teas.

Boston, MA