This blend was crafted as an homage to my favorite comedy, gaming group, Mega64 (www.mega64.com). I mailed some samples into their weekly podcast and they tried them live. See their reactions and get yourself a taste for Mega64. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WiSf8iqdtM)
- – - –
This is a more traditional black tea, full with the astringent tannins of irish breakfast and a touch of cloves and ginger from oriental spice. To mellow out these bold blacks, a hefty dose of green rooibos is in the mix, adding a bright, honey-like flavor in the aftertaste of each sip, and a bit of crispy dry grassiness in the whole. Apples pieces smell slightly sweet in the bag but drop off in the brewing. A more traditional tasting tea for fans of irish breakfast

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Clove, Honey, Spices, Tannin

Artist, writer, reader, nerd in fandoms such as: Beatles, Sherlock, Monty Python, Simpsons, Merlin, Hell on Wheels, Game of Thrones, Mega64, and Adagio teas.

I have fun designing themed blends and trying the blends made by others on Adagio. I’ve made themed teas for AMC’s show, Hell on Wheels and for the comedy gaming group, Mega64.

I don’t take any sugar or milk in my tea and have a habit of over-steeping. I tend to prefer black teas, but I have a soft spot for mint teas in hot weather. I would like to get more adventurous in trying more green teas or other genres of teas.

Boston, MA