I ordered this tea long ago, early in my loose leaf days. At that time I felt it was very pepper-minty, perhaps a good tea for the wintertime if you’re feeling a little under the weather. The mint is seriously vigorous when hot. Since my first tasting, I’ve reordered this tea more than once. I love it iced to help me cool off. The mint adds to the effervescent cool feeling inside and out. It is the best on stifling summer days. I like to mix in a little mango melange for some fruity sweetness. On my third reorder today, I brewed up a cold cup and drank it slowly throughout the day. A real creaminess in the darjeeling is present after a long brew or a temperature change, which made me fall in love with the flavor all over again. Definitely for mint lovers in all seasons but also an infallible iced brew.

Flavors: Cream, Earth, Menthol, Mineral, Mint, Peppermint

Sami Kelsh

I can’t believe I never thought of adding peppermint to darjeeling until I’d heard of this one, as I love them both so much. I really want to give this a go now!

Comments

Sami Kelsh

Artist, writer, reader, nerd in fandoms such as: Beatles, Sherlock, Monty Python, Simpsons, Merlin, Hell on Wheels, Game of Thrones, Mega64, and Adagio teas.

I have fun designing themed blends and trying the blends made by others on Adagio. I’ve made themed teas for AMC’s show, Hell on Wheels and for the comedy gaming group, Mega64.

I don’t take any sugar or milk in my tea and have a habit of over-steeping. I tend to prefer black teas, but I have a soft spot for mint teas in hot weather. I would like to get more adventurous in trying more green teas or other genres of teas.

Boston, MA