Had this tea this morning as my wake-me-up comfort tea. This is my favorite black tea, and possibly my favorite tea…

I’d been curious about it, but I didn’t know what I was missing until my boss let me have a sample of some of hers. You know, so often the item descriptions on Adagio don’t match my own experience with the tea, so when I read “subtle notes of cocoa” I thought, “Riiiiight.” And then I made myself a couple of cups, and lo and behold, what was that subtle little aroma? Honest to god, it really does smell a bit like cocoa. Easy-to-handle large pearls (do 2-3 per cup), pretty reddish brew, smooth and malty flavor. Not astringent at all. It’s the tea I crave when I’m not having tea. Will definitely be buying the bigger bag of this stuff.

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

As for me, I’m a semi-former trumpet player, current bass guitar learner, music store employee, program note writer, lyricist wannabe, casual makeup enthusiast, even more casual bicyclist, writing major in a past life, eternal designated driver, deadly punster, nerdy dork, incurable escapist, and lifelong introvert. Steepster is absolutely the most positive, kind, and intelligent online community I’ve ever found, and I love meeting fellow tea enthusiasts through here. I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.