drank Earl Grey White by Teavana

This is one I’ve had kicking around for a while. This time, I kept the water temp super low so as not to burn the crap out of the leaves like I did last time I made it.

It’s a decent tea, at least by my newbie standards, but I… I fear I’m starting to lose my taste for bergamot. I don’t know why, I think the astringency is starting to get to me. But it’s the only white tea I have (there’s my cue to try some new ones), and after a long day following a shitty night’s sleep and having taken two Excedrin earlier this evening, I figured I needed something that was a little lighter on the caffeine than my standard green tea.

There’s not really a whole lot else I can say about the flavor, apart from a lighter bergamot twinge than the Earl Grey black tea from the same company.

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

As for me, I’m a semi-former trumpet player, current bass guitar learner, music store employee, program note writer, lyricist wannabe, casual makeup enthusiast, even more casual bicyclist, writing major in a past life, eternal designated driver, deadly punster, nerdy dork, incurable escapist, and lifelong introvert. Steepster is absolutely the most positive, kind, and intelligent online community I’ve ever found, and I love meeting fellow tea enthusiasts through here. I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.