drank Yunnan Noir by Adagio Teas

This is the fourth and final tea from Adagio’s Silk Road Sampler, and another one that I’ve gone back and forth on. With this one, I think knowing what to expect helped a LOT.

The leaves, which are dark and rolled up, smell quite sweet. However, the tea tastes very different than it smells. This was my first Chinese black tea, and the malty, slightly earthy/mushroom-ish flavor caught me way off guard the first time I tried it. Now that I’ve grown to like malty, I can see it becoming one of my standard breakfast teas. It’s slightly earthier than Adagio’s Yunnan jig, which makes it a bit less of a favorite. Good stuff, nonetheless.

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/