I was so excited about my new teapot that came in the mail! Cute, practical, easy to use, and a good bit smaller than the asinine crapper I’d been using. I showed it to my mom, thinking she’d find it cute – and she laughed at me! “You’re obsessed! How many pots is this now?” (Two, Mom. It’s two.) I did the offended-laugh and reminded her of her “small” collection of singing bowls. She concurred.

Anywho. Resteeped the batch from last night. I was so excited about having the weekend off and doing fun things today that I didn’t sleep for crap, so it’s a good thing I had two cups worth of this stuff I’d preserved from yesterday!

Nxtdoor

When my last tea order came in (butiki) it was still on the table when my partner came home. She looked at the tea, did a half eye-roll and said “oh good. you were almost running out of tea.”

TeaKlutz

Yeah, I’m pretty sure my parents think of me as the Crazy Tea Lady. But hey, there are worse things to have in your cupboard in enormous quantities!

CHAroma

“You’re obsessed! How many pots is this now?” (Two, Mom. It’s two.)

Hahahahahahaaa!!!! That sounds exactly like my mom! :D

Comments

Nxtdoor

TeaKlutz

CHAroma

“You’re obsessed! How many pots is this now?” (Two, Mom. It’s two.)

Hahahahahahaaa!!!! That sounds exactly like my mom! :D

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio