drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Crap. I think I’m starting to crave this stuff.

Fuzzy_Peachkin

This tea is HIGHLY addicting! lol

JustJames

lolololololol.

TeaKlutz

It’s so funny, because when I first tried it, I kinda went, “Really? This is what the fuss was all about?” And now it’s starting to turn into one of my go-to black teas. Weird how just becoming accustomed to something can completely change your taste.

Terri HarpLady

The first time I tasted cheesecake I hated it.

Cavocorax

That’s so funny! But it’s true – sometimes I need a few cups before I really “get” a tea. And it’s hard with something like Laoshan Black because the entire steepster community is all like OMG GUYS THIS IS AMAZEBALLS, and then that’s a lot to live up to. But a few cups is enough to get past the hype and accept it for what it is, and realise that yeah, it’s great.

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

This tea is HIGHLY addicting! lol

JustJames

lolololololol.

TeaKlutz

Terri HarpLady

The first time I tasted cheesecake I hated it.

Cavocorax

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio