I have not got my s*** together on the tea front tonight! First I heated the water, then let it sit for forever and ever and ever to cool while I whipped up an Excel spreadsheet for work, then dinked around on OK Cupid. Then I remembered that I had tea to brew, so I brewed it, then sat back down to OK Cupid, fully intending to get up in two minutes. Half an hour later, I remembered that I had just steeped a white tea for about ten to fifteen times longer than it was supposed to steep. Whoops.

I’m not going to rate this tea. It seems to be held in quite high regard. I overdid jasmine in my introduction to tea. I used to love it, and then I made myself get to the point where smelling jasmine gives me the vaguest hint of a headache, that kind you get when you’re really sick of eating something. At least it doesn’t taste like burnt turkey! This is the second time I have WAY oversteeped a white tea and it tastes fine. Is it because I let it cool too long? What’s going on?

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/