drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Sipdown.

Yeah. So after my big Verdant Teas rant last night, I’m actually quite sad that my sample of this is gone. It has turned itself into a wonderfully delicious little cup of tea with just the kind of off-center flavor that’ll make me crave it.

Cryyyyyyyy.

…Dammit.

Cavocorax

Time to start hitting their site and earning points for a gift certificate!

JustJames

you were ranting? i missed it!

TeaKlutz

Oh god, reward points and gift certificates. This really is starting to turn into a slippery slope.

Comments

Cavocorax

Time to start hitting their site and earning points for a gift certificate!

JustJames

you were ranting? i missed it!

TeaKlutz

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio