The one nice thing about waking up two hours before you’re supposed to get up and not being able to go back to sleep is that you get the opportunity to get up a few minutes early, take time to fix a semi-substantial breakfast, and sit for a few minutes with a cup of tea. Last night at work, I stressed myself out with a customer situation that I think I goofed, and teaching myself to handle these kinds of things better is like reinventing the wheel. I’m having the most trouble getting the idea out of my head that feeling stressed and guilty is the only way to properly address the problem with the other person’s interests in mind, and that NOT stressing about it is selfish and inconsiderate.

I’ve still got the super-nutritious (NOT) breakfast taste in my mouth, so I don’t taste it quite as much as I normally do. Will probably take some to work with me today to help me stay awake. Mmm black tea.

ashmanra

Let me know how you overcome that! LOL! I am a guilt machine! I took care of my godparents and my mother before they died, and after they were gone I felt guilty for sitting down to watch t with my family! You are right, stressing doesn’t help anyone or anything. It is hard, but all people make mistakes, life is messy, and you are valuable! So just learn from it, smile, and try again! :) I hope you feel better.

ashmanra

That was supposed to be TV up there!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

I ride the stress train far too often! Luckily ta helps me slow down and chillax.

Comments

ashmanra

ashmanra

That was supposed to be TV up there!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/