Every single time I’ve tried to do Teavivre’s Laoshan green, I’ve been met with some form of bad luck. Time to let someone else take the rest of my sample, give up, and make this instead?

My big fun this week is that I’m covered in some kind of rash. I don’t know if it’s a grass rash, a soap rash, chiggers (can we please find them a different name?!?), or what, but it’s about made me f***ing crazy over the past thirty six hours. Tonight I took Benadryl. It seems to be working fine, but my boss may have made a point in advising me not to take it until I got home and figured out how drowsy it made me. Normally I don’t feel like I’m about to conk out as I’m pouring my tea. Whoo.

JustJames

aerius is very strong, over the counter and works 24 hours while not either putting you to sleep or preventing you from sleeping either.

ashmanra

Hot water, as hot as you can stand, for until the itching stops, will drain your supply of histamine and get you up to eight hours relief. My hubby had to take scalding showers when he had poison ivy head to toe and it was the thing that helped him most. It was in or first aid book from our health insurance company.

TeaKlutz

Hot water? I haven’t heard that one before. I’d have thought it would have the opposite effect. I’ll have to try it this morning…

Comments

JustJames

ashmanra

TeaKlutz

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio