drank Earl Grey Black by Teavana

The Benadryl Hangover, Part 2. Actually, my coworkers were laughing yesterday because I came in on the remnants of the Benadryl fog, and since I don’t drink, they were going, “It’s the one time we’ll see Holly hung over!” OK, so it’s not THAT bad, but it took me until like 3 PM to shake this yesterday afternoon. But hey! I have a Saturday OFF (say WHAT?) and that makes everything better!

So I’m doing the Captain Picard thing this morning. It’s pretty astringent, and the bergamot (I assume that’s what I’m tasting) is on the punchy side. Does anyone have earl grey recommendations? I’ve heard widely mixed reviews on this one. To me, it’s not bad, but it definitely tastes a little chemical-y or something and I can see why people aren’t as crazy about it. I’d like to try an earl grey that’s really highly regarded to see what it’s like.

Short Sorceress

Benadryl Hangover, I like that :) In fact, I think I’m going to steal it from you because I’ve got one right now.

TeaKlutz

Haha! I like it too; I stole it from our part-timer at work. Hope you feel better, both from the Benadryl and whatever is necessitating it!

Nicole/Tea-Historic

Wheezybee has been doing some EG comparisons in reviews lately. Might follow and see what those recommendations are. I know at least one other person I follow is doing the same but I can’t seem to recall the name at the moment.

TeaKlutz

Followed her. Thanks, Nicole! It seems like any time I put out an inquiry you’ve always been very helpful!

NofarS

Twinnings has a very decent Earl Grey (loose). I can heartily recommend any of the Earl Greys in my cupboard here.

tea-sipper

This isn’t my favorite earl grey… depending on if you are looking for Earl Grey Creams: zentealife.com has a super good one. Tea Merchant’s French Earl Grey and for a non-cream: Teajo’s Earl grey.

Comments

Short Sorceress

Nicole/Tea-Historic

NofarS

tea-sipper

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio