Backlog. I tried to post a tasting note on this last night, but #$&%@*! Steepster was having One Of Its Episodes.

I… don’t think I have an opinion on Tie Guan Yin. I’ve had two of them now, and they’ve both been about the same; brightly vegetal, a little bright-fruity, a bit on the roasty side. I don’t like it, I don’t dislike it. It’s enjoyable, but not something I would crave or reorder. It’s the kind of tea I have to be in the right mood to drink; unfortunately, usually when I’m in a “tea” mood I’m picturing black tea, so I’m seldom in the right mood for this kind of flavor, unless I’m doing a late-at-night cleansing tea or something.

Rosehips

One Of Its Episodes. Ha! Thats exactly it, isnt it?

TeaKlutz

It seems to have a lot of them… it was really bad last night. It stalled every time I tried to go to another page, then I tried to put this tea in my cupboard, and then it wouldn’t show it in the cupboard. errgh

ashmanra

Be very cautious. When I first started drinking tea, I wondered what all the big deal was about TGY teas. Then they got their hooks in me….now I crave them and slurp down a cup like a person dying of thirst in a desert!

greenteafairy

I REALLY have to be in the mood for Tie Guan Yin as well – there are times when I’ve had it and thought it was the greatest tea in the world and times when I’ve just found it kind of blah (same vendor and batch and everything).

Kinda nice knowing I’m not alone! :P

Comments

Rosehips

One Of Its Episodes. Ha! Thats exactly it, isnt it?

ashmanra

greenteafairy

Kinda nice knowing I’m not alone! :P

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

As for me, I’m a semi-former trumpet player, current bass guitar learner, music store employee, program note writer, lyricist wannabe, casual makeup enthusiast, even more casual bicyclist, writing major in a past life, eternal designated driver, deadly punster, nerdy dork, incurable escapist, and lifelong introvert. Steepster is absolutely the most positive, kind, and intelligent online community I’ve ever found, and I love meeting fellow tea enthusiasts through here. I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.