Woo this is some smooth tea! There’s some kind of dark fruit drone I, once again, can’t quite pin down. I’m seeing the word “raisin” in the item descrip and that’s not quite right. It’s almost molasses or something, or some kind of berry-flavored syrup. NO astringency whatsoever.

I can see why people like this tea; to be honest, it’s a little too heavy/rich for me. Worth a try, at least, considering all I’ve heard about it.

Thanks to Nicole for the sample!

EDIT: I’m drinking cup 2, and now that it’s cooled down I’m getting the maltiness that I didn’t get in cup 1. It’s quite pleasant. Oddly, it makes me think of fall, too. It’s September. I’m OK with it being fall now…

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio