So I’m still in a bit of a tea funk. I’m not sure why. When I’m at work or whatever, all I want is to come home and have a nice cup of tea, and then it just doesn’t happen for whatever reason. I’ve felt off for the past week or two. I don’t know if it’s busy season at work that’s stressing me out, or if it’s busy schedules outside work throwing me off, or if it’s me feeling really really frustrated and discouraged about myself, or if it’s the fact that I’m stressed out because I haven’t known where my social security card is for a year and my driver’s license expires in 19 days, or some motley combination of the above, but… yeah.

Enough rambling. I almost fixed white tea, then decided I wanted a little bit of a green kick. This is still my “you WILL calm down” tea. Don’t know if it’s improving my mopiness at all, but it tastes decent enough, if a bit oversteeped.

Terri HarpLady

Hang in there! I lost my social security card for years, & only finally had to get a new one because one of the colleges I teach at required me to show it. I went to the local social security office, filled out the paperwork, was given a temp card, & the new card came in the mail a week or so later. In my mind it was going to be much more difficult than that, but it wasn’t so bad.
The punchline: I came across the old card recently in a drawer.

keychange

Can totally relate to having some really “off” weeks and not really being sure why. I hope you drink a lot of tea that will cheer you up or comfort you, though.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

The punchline: I came across the old card recently in a drawer.

keychange

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

As for me, I’m a semi-former trumpet player, current bass guitar learner, music store employee, program note writer, lyricist wannabe, casual makeup enthusiast, even more casual bicyclist, writing major in a past life, eternal designated driver, deadly punster, nerdy dork, incurable escapist, and lifelong introvert. Steepster is absolutely the most positive, kind, and intelligent online community I’ve ever found, and I love meeting fellow tea enthusiasts through here. I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.