So I’m still in a bit of a tea funk. I’m not sure why. When I’m at work or whatever, all I want is to come home and have a nice cup of tea, and then it just doesn’t happen for whatever reason. I’ve felt off for the past week or two. I don’t know if it’s busy season at work that’s stressing me out, or if it’s busy schedules outside work throwing me off, or if it’s me feeling really really frustrated and discouraged about myself, or if it’s the fact that I’m stressed out because I haven’t known where my social security card is for a year and my driver’s license expires in 19 days, or some motley combination of the above, but… yeah.

Enough rambling. I almost fixed white tea, then decided I wanted a little bit of a green kick. This is still my “you WILL calm down” tea. Don’t know if it’s improving my mopiness at all, but it tastes decent enough, if a bit oversteeped.

Terri HarpLady

Hang in there! I lost my social security card for years, & only finally had to get a new one because one of the colleges I teach at required me to show it. I went to the local social security office, filled out the paperwork, was given a temp card, & the new card came in the mail a week or so later. In my mind it was going to be much more difficult than that, but it wasn’t so bad.
The punchline: I came across the old card recently in a drawer.

keychange

Can totally relate to having some really “off” weeks and not really being sure why. I hope you drink a lot of tea that will cheer you up or comfort you, though.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

The punchline: I came across the old card recently in a drawer.

keychange

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio