drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

Backlog from Sunday.

Had this while over at a friend’s house. They have a lot of Teavana, and I was feeling pretty sleepy from some rather unorthodox sleeping arrangements the night before (what do you do when there are three guests, only 2 have air mattresses, and there are hardwood floors and no sofa? All three of you lie across the two horizontally. So the mattresses are different heights? Adjust and readjust, and laugh hysterically about it until you fall asleep because it’s 11:30 at night, which is late for us, and everyone decided we needed to try mead, including yourself who normally never ever drinks alcohol.) So yeah, pretty darn groggy, and I’ve never had a mate, so I thought I’d give this a try!

I don’t know how it compares to other mates, but I like it. It was a less spicy drink than I was expecting, but it’s a warm, comforting flavor with a hint of chocolate in the aroma. It seemed to do the wake-up trick, too. Normally I don’t like Teavana (has more to do with everything I’ve heard about the sales tactics than the tea itself), but I am seriously considering adding this one to the ol’ cupboard.

Tea Sipper

Actually, it’s usually the tea itself sometimes for me. :D

Holly Faye

I get that. Their teas are kinda hit or miss, and they do a lot of fruity teas, which I am just not a fan of. I do like a lot of their teaware, though.

Comments

Tea Sipper

Actually, it’s usually the tea itself sometimes for me. :D

Holly Faye

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/