drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

Backlog from Sunday.

Had this while over at a friend’s house. They have a lot of Teavana, and I was feeling pretty sleepy from some rather unorthodox sleeping arrangements the night before (what do you do when there are three guests, only 2 have air mattresses, and there are hardwood floors and no sofa? All three of you lie across the two horizontally. So the mattresses are different heights? Adjust and readjust, and laugh hysterically about it until you fall asleep because it’s 11:30 at night, which is late for us, and everyone decided we needed to try mead, including yourself who normally never ever drinks alcohol.) So yeah, pretty darn groggy, and I’ve never had a mate, so I thought I’d give this a try!

I don’t know how it compares to other mates, but I like it. It was a less spicy drink than I was expecting, but it’s a warm, comforting flavor with a hint of chocolate in the aroma. It seemed to do the wake-up trick, too. Normally I don’t like Teavana (has more to do with everything I’ve heard about the sales tactics than the tea itself), but I am seriously considering adding this one to the ol’ cupboard.

tea-sipper

Actually, it’s usually the tea itself sometimes for me. :D

TeaKlutz

I get that. Their teas are kinda hit or miss, and they do a lot of fruity teas, which I am just not a fan of. I do like a lot of their teaware, though.

Comments

tea-sipper

Actually, it’s usually the tea itself sometimes for me. :D

TeaKlutz

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio