drank Earl Grey Cream by Zen Tea

So I was going to make a particular remedial tisane, but then I got paranoid about the fact that it has natural aspirin in it and my foot seems to be collecting bruises. (I don’t know how, I think it’s just particular strain points from where it’s receiving extra pressure with the sprained tendon… ow!) So I poured it out, and was going to make myself a nice white tea because it’s late. And then TWEEEEEEEEEEET went the kettle and I thought, “Welp, I’m in it now! Black tea it is!”

So I did my Presley/Nixon tea (see my earlier review of this for that reference.) I’m still pretty conflicted about it, but at least it has nice comforting flavors.

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio