Exactly how do you rinse a tea? I gave it what I thought was a rinse, but I’m not sure I did it right.

At any rate, I still like this tea. Mellow, earthy, oddly spicy, full-bodied. And a needed wake-up.

KittyLovesTea

To rinse a Pu Erh I Pour boiling water into the teapot for roughly 5-10 seconds and discard the water. The idea is to open up the leaves so they steep with more flavour.

TeaVivre

Yes, The rinse step can help washing and waking up your tea leaves. You can put the tea into the Yixing teapot and pour boiling water, it doesn’t need too much water this time, just cover the tea leaves.

Comments

KittyLovesTea

TeaVivre

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio