Exactly how do you rinse a tea? I gave it what I thought was a rinse, but I’m not sure I did it right.

At any rate, I still like this tea. Mellow, earthy, oddly spicy, full-bodied. And a needed wake-up.

KittyLovesTea

To rinse a Pu Erh I Pour boiling water into the teapot for roughly 5-10 seconds and discard the water. The idea is to open up the leaves so they steep with more flavour.

TeaVivre

Yes, The rinse step can help washing and waking up your tea leaves. You can put the tea into the Yixing teapot and pour boiling water, it doesn’t need too much water this time, just cover the tea leaves.

Comments

KittyLovesTea

TeaVivre

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/