This was part of my birthday treat to myself. I’ve been very “meh” about certain oolongs in my life so far, but I read the item description of this and thought it sounded quite tasty. Sandalwood? Honey orchid? Juicy? Yum!

Like the leaves. Very long, twisted, green, sweet in a fruity way. The brew is indeed tasty, but… huh. There was that fruity-melony-juicy taste I was expecting, the kind I get a bit of from tieguanyin but I want more of. And then… there’s this taste at the tip of the tongue that is unexpected. What is it, buttery?

This tea deserves a more eloquent review; unfortunately, I’ll have to wait until another tasting (when I’m not having ice cream cake at the same time) to give it what it deserves. But since I can tell it’s an enjoyable and interesting tea, I’m going to go ahead with a number rating since it’s a high one. Yay for oolongs I actually like!

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.