I was really looking forward to this one. I LOVE pistachio ice cream when it’s done right. My mind always goes back to a gelato place I visited during a college pre-orientation trip to Philadelphia. (I also just remembered that I bought myself pistachios during my Semi-Loopy Low Blood Sugar Grocery Run last night. This same grocery trip also resulted in $3 California rolls, Cobb salad, English muffins, and the “Sexiest Guys” issue of People Magazine being bought – none, save the California rolls, of which are things I ordinarily would like or buy.)

I’m expecting a sweet, thick pistachio smell, the consistency of melted ice cream. The aroma has an air of pistachio, but it’s more like one of pistachio’s quirks than its essence. Still enticing, nonetheless.

There are pistachios in the leaves! Let me repeat that. There are pistachios in the leaves!!!!!!! Flower leaves and petals I’ve come to expect. Spices, sure. Fruit bits, sure. But pistachios? Commence geeky flailing!

…And I oversteeped it.

Welp. I’m not going to give a number rating on this because I’m not sure whether the “green tea” flavor is overriding the pistachio ice cream because I goofed up or because that’s how this tea is. I had/have such high hopes, I’m willing to give it another go and a closer eye on the timer.

One thing I will say, though, if all green teas sounded this exciting, you betcha I’d be drinking way more green teas.

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.