drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

It’s been a week or two since I’ve been on Steepster. I tend to be on more during those weeks when I’m just feeling generally happier, more encouraged, less stressed, etc. Hasn’t been an actually bad past couple of weeks, just couldn’t get excited about tea for some reason.

Well, I’m still feeling a little stressed today, but it’s a day off, so I’ll deal with it!

I know a lot of people dislike Teavana. My issues with them have less to do with their tea (although they do a lot more fruity stuff than I care for) than their pushy sales practices, though I will say the last time I went in there I had a very good customer service experience. All of my teaware, except for my gaiwan, is from them. I order online from them when I can, which means I have an endless supply of wild orange blossom tea.

My Morning Mate is such an unexpected pleasure. It’s right up my alley. It’s one of the richest “chocolatey” teas I’ve tried to date, and the spice and tang offset it just enough to make it interesting but not enough to detract. I have a bad habit of cutting myself a little short on sleep every night (New Year’s resolution?) so I love that my one “mate” tea is this enjoyable.

I’m already starting to feel better. Positivity is a many-splendored thing. Now to make it a habit. :P

caile

Glad you’re feeling better!

Comments

caile

Glad you’re feeling better!

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/