drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

It’s been a week or two since I’ve been on Steepster. I tend to be on more during those weeks when I’m just feeling generally happier, more encouraged, less stressed, etc. Hasn’t been an actually bad past couple of weeks, just couldn’t get excited about tea for some reason.

Well, I’m still feeling a little stressed today, but it’s a day off, so I’ll deal with it!

I know a lot of people dislike Teavana. My issues with them have less to do with their tea (although they do a lot more fruity stuff than I care for) than their pushy sales practices, though I will say the last time I went in there I had a very good customer service experience. All of my teaware, except for my gaiwan, is from them. I order online from them when I can, which means I have an endless supply of wild orange blossom tea.

My Morning Mate is such an unexpected pleasure. It’s right up my alley. It’s one of the richest “chocolatey” teas I’ve tried to date, and the spice and tang offset it just enough to make it interesting but not enough to detract. I have a bad habit of cutting myself a little short on sleep every night (New Year’s resolution?) so I love that my one “mate” tea is this enjoyable.

I’m already starting to feel better. Positivity is a many-splendored thing. Now to make it a habit. :P

caile

Glad you’re feeling better!

Comments

caile

Glad you’re feeling better!

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

As for me, I’m a semi-former trumpet player, current bass guitar learner, music store employee, program note writer, lyricist wannabe, casual makeup enthusiast, even more casual bicyclist, writing major in a past life, eternal designated driver, deadly punster, nerdy dork, incurable escapist, and lifelong introvert. Steepster is absolutely the most positive, kind, and intelligent online community I’ve ever found, and I love meeting fellow tea enthusiasts through here. I look forward to meeting you!

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.