drank Elyse's Blend by Harney & Sons

Egggggghhhh.

This was WAY too honey-smelling in the bag. I was hoping it would be a little more palatable in brewed form. It’s the opposite. It’s WAY TOO honey – the kind that makes me sick to my stomach and headache-y at the same time – with a bit of grassiness that just adds up to something kinda nasty. And I like H & S, but not this one.

I’m not going to give this one numbers yet. From what I’ve read, I need to go lighter on all the variables to make this work. I treated it like I do any black tea – boil it, big heaping teaspoon, steep it 5 minutes-ish.

Then again, maybe this blend just isn’t for me.

But that’s OK. That’s what samples are for. :)

__Morgana__

I wonder whether the amount of honey smell/flavor varies from batch to batch? I’ll be interested to hear what you think when you try it at a shorter steeping time. (BTW, I love your name. I have often felt like a tea klutz myself. Lol.)

Holly Faye

Thank you! For me, the name works both ways, since I’m a tea klutz, but I’m also a klutz in general who loves tea. :P

Comments

__Morgana__

Holly Faye

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/