drank Earl Grey Cream by Zen Tea

Whoo Steepster changed! And just like I always do with change, I have to say I’m not sure I like it. The older version was homier, bit more informal. With this version, I feel a little pressured to give a super-scientific review of the tea. Oh well, I’ll get used to it!

Egh. I am about done with this tea. I think I overleafed it tonight, and now both the cream AND the bergamot are coming off too strong for me. Kind of in the way that makes me have a queasy-headache. It’s a flavor I’ve been on the fence about for a while, and this just pushed me over to the not-a-fan side. Guess I won’t be drinking the rest of what I’ve got. Not that it’s a bad quality tea, but as I keep saying, the proportions of the flavors are really not my thing.

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio