Before I remembered that I supposedly have an Irish Breakfast Blend from Arbor Teas somewhere in the bowels of my cupboard, I was trying to decide what tea to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with. After going between a couple of different options, I finally settled on this one.

Um, Klutz. “French” and “Blue” are not St. Patrick’s day words.

OK so there’s a ramble attached. In the summer of 2001, I got to go to Ireland with my mom and my grandma. Back then, we were all convinced we had Irish heritage (which has since turned out not to be as true as we’d thought) and were basically obsessed with everything Irish. The trip was absolutely wonderful, and there are so many details about it I have yet to forget. I’m not sure at exactly what point in the trip I smelled lavender – I have a feeling it may have been in some soap or lotion or something – but lavender is now inextricably connected with that romantic/romanticized Ireland I have in my head.

And this tea is the lavenderiest damn lavender you have ever lavendered in your lavendering life. I still wish I could make the liquor be that purply color, like the picture on the H&S site, but no matter. This is a lovely, heady trip down memory lane. It’s another one of those teas, too, that smells like another time and place (I think I’m a bit obsessed with those! Usually happens with the more potent floral teas.)

Happy tea.

Angrboda

Actually, the colour of St Patrick is blue, not green, so… It’s not totally off.

Anna

“And this tea is the lavenderiest damn lavender you have ever lavendered in your lavendering life.”

Comments

Angrboda

Anna

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/