drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

I’d like to start by saying thank you again to the people who wrote comments on last night’s tasting note. Normally I don’t join online communities, but I absolutely love love LOVE the atmosphere on here, not just when someone is going through a rough time but always. To me, this community is about appreciating little bits of life (in the form of tea), even when life isn’t the greatest, and the joy of sharing those experiences. Steepster is the best and I hope that never changes!

That said, I still feel a bit guilty about that note because I feel like I made myself look worse off than I am. The thing is, for the most part I consider myself pretty stable, although I do have a lot of negativity and self-frustration that I’ve yet to shake off. Every so often I’ll have ridiculous mood swings, and when I have those, all of the little insecurities/stress/bitternesses/“baggage” comes straight to the forefront and takes over and is the only thing. Last night was one of those nights, especially since there were a few external factors exacerbating it. Maybe it’s not all a bad thing that happens, because I tend to deal with things by pushing them to the back of my mind, and it’s a good catalyst to get them dealt with so I can start focusing on other, better things!

Aaaaaaaanywho. I wound up getting less sleep than I really need again last night (there’s a habit to work on!), so this is my choice for the morning since I’ve done my gunpowder & mate for a few days now. I have to get ready for work, but I just wanna sit here and drink this cup with ambient noise in the background. It’s still a fun chocolatey flavor. And there’s bananas!

Rosehips

I agree. Steepster is by far the best online community that I’m a part of. Dont feel guilty, we’ve all had bad days and vented/shared our worries. Steepster is a safe space, and we should be able to do that.
I hope that things are better going forward!

Anna

A mate… with chocolate… and bananas! Seriously, how Teavana is that? Haha.

TeaBrat

aww. I’ve come on here to vent a lot especially lately. It’s all good!

Tea Sipper

I was going to comment yesterday: I like to appreciate the little things… I will never run out of those. But it looks like I didn’t need to say that. :D

Comments

Rosehips

I hope that things are better going forward!

Anna

A mate… with chocolate… and bananas! Seriously, how Teavana is that? Haha.

TeaBrat

aww. I’ve come on here to vent a lot especially lately. It’s all good!

Tea Sipper

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.