It’s Friday! And it’s spring! And it’s sunny outside! Yaaaaaaay!

I have to run an open mic night tonight at the music store I work at. I’ve never run or even been to one before, and I have to say I am UNDULY anxious and I’ve been that way all week. I’m just trying to remind myself that I’m doing my best, and there are just some things I can’t control (like the fact that corporate decided the stores would be the PERFECT place to have open mic nights and our location is a shoebox) and that it’s just an open mic night, and if it’s kind of awkward or a disaster everyone’ll probably forget about it soon enough.

I like the leaves of this tea. They remind me of shreds of tree bark. I didn’t bother with a measuring spoon, I just took out a few pinches. The smell is a little unexpected; it’s kind of earthy, but there’s this cold minty overtone. I’m having this after breakfast so there may be a bit of an aftertaste influence. I’m trying to decide how to describe the flavor. This is the first tea I’ve had that I would legitimately describe as “mineral.” Maybe a little green or planty. I steeped it for two or three minutes at most, yet it’s astringent. I can’t put my finger on the smell of the liquor, but puddles come to mind. If you like tea with a bit of a “cool” flavor, this is definitely one. The aftertaste is more decidedly dirt-like.

So far, there’s not really anything about this flavor that is a must-have for me, but it’s a worthwhile experience. I’m deciding if I want to take a second steeping to work.

Yum, sheng :)

TeaKlutz

Stephanie, you have no idea how happy I am that you left that comment. I’ve been wondering for forever what the difference between sheng and shu was, and knowing that this particular tea was a sheng inspired me to the Google. I guess I know I’m partial to shus, and how shengs are generally described doesn’t appeal to me yet, but that’s what exploring is for!

Stephanie

LOL! Yay I accidentally helped! :)