Have you ever gotten almost done with writing a really long and involved tasting note on Steepster… and then you hit the back button?

OK. Two reviews of this tea in a row. I’m doing a resteep of this, but as I usually do when I resteep something that’s been sitting for hours, I added some fresh new leaves.

Green, astringent, bright, mineral, cleansing, just a hint of “minty” or some cool overtone like I mentioned in my last note.

I now know the difference between a sheng and a shu! Knowing that this is a sheng makes me feel more confident in my description of it because I’m aware of the usual flavor associations with shengs. If they’re all similar to this, shengs probably fall in the category of “I really have to be in the right mood for them, and I’m rarely in that mood.” But I appreciate their qualities a bit more, especially if you like bright, cleansing teas. (I’m still fascinated that I’ve finally had a tea I can actually call “mineral” tasting.)

Another noteworthy thing about today: after a year of watching seven seasons’ worth of episodes, I watched the season finale of Star Trek: The Next Generation tonight. I still have a bit of heaviness of having finished something I loved. Actually, I got into tea and TNG at almost the same time, so they’re kinda linked. They’ve both become unexpectedly comforting presences in my life. I am definitely going to have to give TNG a second go-round, because, as usual, I was REALLY good at following the character development and REALLY bad at following the, you know, plots. The thing that kinda makes it science fiction. Whoops.

Tea. The (hopefully not final) frontier. These are the voyages of the TeaKlutz Enterprise. My continuing mission, to explore strange new teas, to seek out new flavors and new infusions. To boldly go where… somebody else has gone before and already written a Steepster review but I’m trying it for the first time and I didn’t read the parameters and I boiled the water too hot and then I oversteeped it but it’s still kinda good and I think it’s gonna grow on me now I know what to expect.

(orchestra wonders whether to play the opening theme or not)

K S

That is hilarious!

TeaKlutz

I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was one of those things that happens when I stay up past my bedtime. :P

Nicole

I have the same problem – I love being able to watch an entire series without having to be on a week to week, season to season schedule dictated by the tv, but I am soooo let down when I finish a series that I love!

MzPriss

I don’t care what anyone says TNG is by FAR the greatest Star Trek. I want a replicator just so I can say, “Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.” whenever I want to and it will happen. I can watch this show over and over and over (unless its a Wesley Crusher heavy ep) and I kind of want to do Worf.

Two comments in the span of a minute! I feel so popular! :D

I have to confess, I’ve only seen a few eps of TOS and I liked them, but I LOVE TNG. I was kinda like, “well, OK then” when someone first went to show me a random episode, but I found myself latching onto the characters IMMEDIATELY, which almost never happens! Also I can’t drink Earl Grey now without thinking, “Would this pass the Captain Picard test?”

I’m a Data fangirl myself, but I get what you mean about Worf. He’s awesome.

MzPriss

Oh I adore Data too. And Q! The hotness. He’s bad but he’s brilliant and hilarious. Like Q, I also think of Number One as Number Two.

TeaKlutz

Q!!!!! He’s so much fun. It’s nice that in a series where everyone is so professional and authoritative, he just brings the crack.

MzPriss

And he has the best diction ever. Ever. As a lazy drawling Texan – I appreciate that very much.

Stephanie

I love everything about this note. Data, Q, and Captain Picard are my fave characters, in that order :)

OMGsrsly

That is so awesome! I totally get where you’re coming from WRT steeping parameters. :D

Comments

K S

That is hilarious!

Nicole

Two comments in the span of a minute! I feel so popular! :D

I’m a Data fangirl myself, but I get what you mean about Worf. He’s awesome.

Stephanie

OMGsrsly

My taste in tea always seems to be changing!

I don’t drink green teas as often, but there are a few I quite enjoy.

Same with white teas.

P.S. Any rare soul who recognizes the profile pic gets bonus points forever.

One foot’s on the Holodeck. The other’s in Lancaster, Ohio.