drank Irish Breakfast by Butiki Teas

Grr! There are beagles (from god knows where) running all over the neighborhood and yapping nonstop, and our bullmastiffs think they absolutely have to eat them and are thundering around the house bellowing.

I’ve had this sample from Butiki for forever and never paid any mind until last night, as I was working on my program notes and decided to go with a peppy black tea.

I did the 212 degrees at 3.5 minutes like Stacy said, and it was actually quite a pleasant cup. My understanding of Irish Breakfast is that it’s supposed to be quite strong (my one other Irish Breakfast was QUITE strong), but last night’s cup was rather mellow. A bit of that breakfast-tea almost-not-quite-mushroominess, but really no astringency. Not sure if it’s what you’re looking for in a breakfast tea, but no complaints from me.

I did a resteep this morning for about 5 minutes. It was a tad bit stronger at first, but with the subsequent sips it’s mellowed.

And now for one of the pieces I’m doing notes on. The third movement (the first one in this vid) took my breath away. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTAMISjMLS0

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Anna

I had to reread this three times, because I thought it said, ‘bagels’ (still in breakfast mode) and it was really confusing to me that they’d be running all over the neighbourhood.

K S

Anna you just put a very funny image in my head. :) We have a chihuahua mix so Spike just has stay in when the neighbors dogs run the neighborhood. There are leash laws but the neighbors ignore them. Kind of makes me wish I had bull mastiffs to accidentally on purpose turn loose.

Butiki Teas

Anna-Hahaha, I had the same issue. How could anyone be angry at bagels?

Fjellrev

Is there a bylaw where you are that pets should be on leashes?

Holly Faye

OMG Anna that is too funny. Fjellrev – I have no idea if there’s any kind of law like that out here or not. If there is, our neighbors (and just people living within the general 1-mile radius) don’t seem to know or give a hoot. :P

Comments

Anna

K S

Butiki Teas

Anna-Hahaha, I had the same issue. How could anyone be angry at bagels?

Fjellrev

Is there a bylaw where you are that pets should be on leashes?

Holly Faye

The name’s Holly, and I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is my happy place – it picks me up, it calms me down, it helps me focus, it helps me loosen my grip, it’s a little bit of positivity in each day. I do not drink alcohol, so tea is my recreational beverage. I love learning everything there is to know about it and sharing my experiences.

When I’m not drinking or writing about tea, I’m working at a music store and pursuing a Master’s degree in professional writing. You may also find me reading, writing, trying to learn French, cycling on the weekends, being a klutz, or making horrible puns and Star Trek references. Likely all at the same time.

My Tea Blog: http://steepinclined.wordpress.com/