This morning’s cup is dedicated to Past Me. I usually don’t like the decisions Past Me makes, but this time around, Past Me scheduled an 8 AM dentist appointment that’ll probably take about 25 minutes to get to. In doing so, Past Me got Present Me out of a 7:30 AM work meeting (which nobody in my store knew about before Tuesday) that would have been a 45 minute drive if you don’t count 7 AM rush hour on Columbus-bound route 33, which is a four-lane highway trying to handle six- or eight-lane worthy traffic.

So, Past Me, I raise this warm mug of malty cocoa-tinged perfection to you.

I really, really need to stop writing notes on this tea.

Also, I just realized I’ve had the current bag since summer of last year.

Myssy

I love this note :) I ordered this tea a couple of days ago and am looking forward to it.

keychange

I love this note too!! go past you!

TeaKlutz

MzPriss, I hope you like it! I know we’ve (I’ve) built it up quite a bit…

Stephanie

Don’t ya love getting to highfive Past You? Sometimes I do stuff and I’m like, Future Me better thank me for this! hahaha

Fjellrev

Past You rules. Nothing like treating yourself to these gorgeous pearls for dodging that bullet!

Comments

Myssy

keychange

I love this note too!! go past you!

TeaKlutz

MzPriss, I hope you like it! I know we’ve (I’ve) built it up quite a bit…

Stephanie

Fjellrev

The name’s Holly. 27. Work for a small IT company. About to finish a Master’s degree this winter. ISFJ for what it’s worth. I play various instruments (mostly bass guitar right now), attempt to write songs that I’m too scared to play for anyone, and I’m currently taking voice lessons. I also enjoy starting various hobbies, wearing monochromes, writing, cooking, taking walks, and various and sundry other things…

I’ve been a tea drinker since spring of 2013. Tea is a source of happiness, positivity, curiosity, and relaxation (…and caffeine) for me.

I’ve been on and off this site over the years, and I even had a separate tea blog at one point. For now, I’m just working on getting back in the habit of enjoying tea regularly and to its fullest.

Love: Malty Chinese black teas, shu/ripe pu erhs, soft flowery teas (esp. jasmine teas)

Like: Japanese green teas, sheng/ripe pu erhs, white teas

Still trying to get into: Most oolongs, chai teas

Not crazy about: Roasty teas, fruity teas, rooibos, many (not all) herbal teas

Ratings:
90-100: YEAH!
80-89: Nice! This is good stuff.
70-79: Respectable tea.
60-69: Not bad.
50-59: Middling. Not really worth it.
25-49: Eeeeeugh. Not good.
0-24: Did you know you can use tea leaves as odor absorbent?

Ohio