On opening the package I am hit with the scent of the tea. It is overwhelmingly clove-y with a hint of chocolate.

As it steeps, it gets less and less clove-y and smells more like gingerbread. By the end of the steeping, the whole room smells as if I live in a gingerbread house. I’m not really picking up the chocolate.

It tastes how I would imagine a chocolate-covered gingerbread house to taste like. It’s really sweet. I can’t really taste the cloves as much as I expected (this is a good thing – the smell of the tea before steeping was actually making me not want to brew it) and they are sort of lurking in the background. Made this as a latte – very nice. I’ll try it without any additives next time.

Boiling 8 min or more

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK