These little hearts are too cute!

This is my first pu-erh and I’m a little frightened to try it, I admit, becuase people sometimes say it tastes fishy and smells like wet dog, but you hear others raving about its greatness. So, understandably a little apprehensive.

Anyway, It is a deep gold-red colour and I am definitely picking up the ‘earthy’ scent everyone talks about. I’m suprised by the size of the steeped leaves though – they are fairly large, I would have expected them to be rather small, but even after a 30-second rinse I still have quite a bit of dust in the bottom of my teacup.

First sip. The taste semms to be very earthy and deep and it’s a very savoury tea. I’m not really loving it at this point.

A few sips later. This is growing on me , I think. Yes, definitely. It’s very good and has very little aftertaste which is pleasant.

Alas, I am now at the bottom of my cup. Off I go for another steep…

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK