I received this as a free sample a while ago and I don’t quite know why I haven’t tried it before now.

The scent of the dry leaves is very soapy and the orange overwhelms the chrysanthemum. Hmm. Not a good sign.

The liqour is a very glossy dark brown but it still smells very soapy (I can smell the chrysanthemum a bit more now though).

I wanted so much to like this, but I just don’t. I love pu-erh and although I can taste a lovely pu-erh base, the flavouring tastes a bit like parma violets (which I really can’t stand). Pretty much everyone else seems to like it though – did I just get a bad batch? Hmm.

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK