drank Almond Biscotti by Teavana

Thanks Ellen!

So much backlogging to do today – I haven’t logged for a couple of days so I’m trying to get all my notes on here today!

A very complicated tea, I think, and I’m not sure whether I like it or hate it. the dry leaf aroma is very nice – very sweet and quite strong almond scent, which is good (I love almods). The leaves after brewing smell like cinnamon baked apples, though this doesn’t actually translate to the taste.

Now, this is where things got interesting. The black tea base is very strong and over that there is a sweet almond taste with cinnamon (and I also got slight fruit notes, I don’t know where this comes from). That’s quite nice, but as it cools I got an almost oily texture from the tea, especially at the back end of the sip. It was sweet and kind of cloying and not completely pleasant. However, the taste was still there, and I liked that so I could keep on drinking.

But I really have no idea where I stand on this tea overall. It is such a confusing tea!

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK