I bought this ages ago and I forgot I had it, but the eNews from Nothing But Tea reminded me I still had it. I used 1 tuocha for 300ml water. After rinsing (30 seconds, boiling water), it had started to disintegrate and the wet leaves smelled very strongly, like peat and moss. I was a bit unsure of how to steep this, as the instructions say 5-10 mins but I usually steep pu-erh for a much shorter time. In the end, I settled on 3 minutes.

The liquor is very dark, almost black, like an espresso. It actually smells like coffee too, but this is only a slight note under the earthy notes that dominate the aroma. The taste is very strong, I should have used more water, but it tastes very…dark. I’m not sure how to describe it, but it has a very deep flavour that reminds me a bit of mushrooms and earth. It has absolutely no bitterness, though, and it is very smooth.

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK