drank Lapsang Souchong by Chi of Tea

This is my first lapsang souchong! I have always been hesitant to try them because they smell sort of intimidating. But I’m glad I got the courage to try this one! The dry leaf scent was VERY smoky. Steeped, it wasn’t as strongly smoky as I had feared. The taste is incredible – the smoke was very prominent but I do get the sweetness Angrboda talks about under that.

Angrboda

Ooooh are we seeing another lapsang lover in the making here?! :D
That sweet, sometimes fruity note is, for me, what makes lapsangs spectacular, so I’m really glad that you found it as well. :) Smoke is all good and well, but only smoke gets boring.

Comments

Angrboda

Ooooh are we seeing another lapsang lover in the making here?! :D

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK