I finished off my sample of this today. I have had this before, but forgot to post about it, which is a shame.

I liked this much more the second time I had it – I messed with the steeping parameters a tiny bit and it made all the difference. The first time, I steeped it at 80 C for 2 minutes, this time, 87 C for 2 minutes. The second cup had more balance between the oolong base and the rose scent, which was a vast improvement on the first cup because that was waaaay too rosy.

The second set of steeping parameters produced a smooth, almost buttery cup which I thoroughly enjoyed. The rose made the tea quite sweet, but not overly so. All in all, a very drinkable cup.

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK