drank S'mores Chai by 52teas

I got this one when it came out but have been letting it sit for a while. I made this using the stovetop method (200ml water, 300ml milk, 2tsp chai, 1.5tsp palm sugar) and it tastes just right. Sweet yet earthy and I can definitely taste the laspsang souchong. The smoky aspect is perfect – not too strong, but just enough to give the tea a lovely ‘campfire’ type taste. The spices are balanced perfectly. I love to see black peppercorns in a chai blend, but they can be really overdone – I’m glad this isn’t the case here.

The tea is very, very finely ground, which usually, would get my goat a little but here (as long as I use T-sacs and not an ordinary strainer because I hate bits in my tea) it means that the brew is bold and well up to taking milk. I had high hopes for this, and I wasn’t let down.

My love of tea began when I walked into a shop one day and they were giving out samples of jasmine silver needles. It was absolutely gorgeous, and I have been addicted to tea ever since. Jasmine silver needles remains my favourite tea to this day.

I think my favourite types are white teas and oolongs, though I will pretty much drink anything.

Aside from tea, I’m into Star Wars, music, furniture, food, Lilly Dache hats and vintage clothing.

Bolton, UK