drank The Earl of Lemon by DAVIDsTEA

I decided to give this tea another shot and cold brewed the last of my sample from Kittenna. Last time there was almost no bergamot, it was just a nice lemon tea. This time something different happened: I think maybe I just used more leaf? But it also brewed for a little bit longer. In any case, it was a success!

This definitely reads as an Earl Grey now. The bergamot and lemon make this a very citrus-y blend, but it’s tempered by a strong creaminess. I got the cream last time (presumably from the yogurt bits?) but it is a LOT stronger now! In fact, it’s almost like an EGC. Bumping up the rating a bit, I am loving this!

Tea has always been a passion of mine, though I got away from it during college. A lack of cupboard space and a constant influx of people into my suite made me pretty much abandon my teas at home. But now that I’m done with school, it’s definitely come back with a vengeance—to the point where I’ve purchased about 65 different kinds in the past 3 months!

I like most kinds of teas—yes, even peach, which I used to think I disliked!. Oolongs are definitely my favorite, and I’m an avid fan of earl grey, floral teas, and chai blends along with anything melon. The only kind of teas on my “no” list are rooibos blends (which gives me headaches) and banana flavored ones since bananas are public enemy #1 in my mind.

The best thing about tea for me is how you can be passionate about it and still have it integrate into all of your other hobbies. I like a lot of things: writing, video games, books, sewing, figure collecting, astronomy… it’s a long list. But whatever I’m doing, I can have a cup of tea in hand!

New York