drank Glitter & Gold by DAVIDsTEA

Onto Day 5 from DaisyChubb! Of course I am late again. Too much time spent traveling!

Cinnamon teas and I do not always get along. Sometimes they verge into way too spicy territory, not good spicy but tongue-numbing spicy. Cinnamon can either be very good or very, very bad, especially when it has that holiday store artificial kind of smell. You know, like those cinnamon-scented decorative pinecones that make you a bit nauseous. This, however, is the perfect cinnamon tea! It’s just enough hint of spice combined with tasty cloves, and for me the vanilla is really in the forefront making it smooth and creamy.

Plus, it sparkles! How much more perfect can a tea be for 5 Golden Rings? It’s like this tea was made for this swap. Not to mention the totally adorable (and presumably time-consuming) artwork on the package. I love seeing everyone’s creative ideas!

Tea has always been a passion of mine, though I got away from it during college. A lack of cupboard space and a constant influx of people into my suite made me pretty much abandon my teas at home. But now that I’m done with school, it’s definitely come back with a vengeance—to the point where I’ve purchased about 65 different kinds in the past 3 months!

I like most kinds of teas—yes, even peach, which I used to think I disliked!. Oolongs are definitely my favorite, and I’m an avid fan of earl grey, floral teas, and chai blends along with anything melon. The only kind of teas on my “no” list are rooibos blends (which gives me headaches) and banana flavored ones since bananas are public enemy #1 in my mind.

The best thing about tea for me is how you can be passionate about it and still have it integrate into all of your other hobbies. I like a lot of things: writing, video games, books, sewing, figure collecting, astronomy… it’s a long list. But whatever I’m doing, I can have a cup of tea in hand!

New York