drank Chaud Les Marrons! by Lupicia

Playstation Network, what have I ever done to deserve this?! I’m just minding my own business, trying to watch some late night Netflix, but no, Sony is determined to ruin my evening. Well, Sony, I have delicious tea so you can’t ruin it! Take that!

Ahem… anyway, I’m a huge huge fan of Lupicia’s Chestnut Green so when I saw that tattooed_tea was swapping this I just had to have it. Chestnut seems like kind of an elusive tea flavor, so I will hoard all the different kinds like a squirrel waiting for spring. You know, a squirrel who actually drinks all her nuts before spring comes because they’re so delicious…

This has the same sweet, nutty taste as Chestnut Green. The candied chestnut flavor is just so perfectly captured, there’s no mistaking it for anything else! There are strong notes of caramel and spun sugar, backed up by the black base which is surprisingly strong. I haven’t tried many of Lupicia’s black teas, but they seem to share rather robust bases!

I don’t think I like this quite as much as Chestnut Green, which is ever so slightly superior in terms of the base, but it’s still absolutely fantastic! Plus I can be really indulgent with this one and add a nice splash of creamy milk.

Kittenna

I wish I was able to drink all my nuts before spring comes…. :(

Alphakitty

I think I am going to go on a tea binge in March and call it spring cleaning, I really do have too many “nuts” around

Comments

Kittenna

I wish I was able to drink all my nuts before spring comes…. :(

Alphakitty

Tea has always been a passion of mine, though I got away from it during college. A lack of cupboard space and a constant influx of people into my suite made me pretty much abandon my teas at home. But now that I’m done with school, it’s definitely come back with a vengeance—to the point where I’ve purchased about 65 different kinds in the past 3 months!

I like most kinds of teas—yes, even peach, which I used to think I disliked!. Oolongs are definitely my favorite, and I’m an avid fan of earl grey, floral teas, and chai blends along with anything melon. The only kind of teas on my “no” list are rooibos blends (which gives me headaches) and banana flavored ones since bananas are public enemy #1 in my mind.

The best thing about tea for me is how you can be passionate about it and still have it integrate into all of your other hobbies. I like a lot of things: writing, video games, books, sewing, figure collecting, astronomy… it’s a long list. But whatever I’m doing, I can have a cup of tea in hand!

New York