I am going to hold off on rating this one, since I don’t think I’ve quite found the right way to prepare it yet. Made as an ordinary honeybush it’s sweet and has strong strawberry notes, but reminds me of the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Honeybush without the pie or rhubarb and with maybe a dash of cream. I think this will really shine as a latter, or better yet in an actual milkshake! I’m contemplating using it in an ice cream base and making a true strawberry milkshake, fitting of Walter!

By the way, for anyone who is a fan of both Fringe and Homeland, how awesome would a slice of life sitcom featuring Water Bishop and Saul Berenson be? I don’t know why but I picture those two being absolutely hilarious together.

Tea has always been a passion of mine, though I got away from it during college. A lack of cupboard space and a constant influx of people into my suite made me pretty much abandon my teas at home. But now that I’m done with school, it’s definitely come back with a vengeance—to the point where I’ve purchased about 65 different kinds in the past 3 months!

I like most kinds of teas—yes, even peach, which I used to think I disliked!. Oolongs are definitely my favorite, and I’m an avid fan of earl grey, floral teas, and chai blends along with anything melon. The only kind of teas on my “no” list are rooibos blends (which gives me headaches) and banana flavored ones since bananas are public enemy #1 in my mind.

The best thing about tea for me is how you can be passionate about it and still have it integrate into all of your other hobbies. I like a lot of things: writing, video games, books, sewing, figure collecting, astronomy… it’s a long list. But whatever I’m doing, I can have a cup of tea in hand!

New York