Water: 8oz boiling water

Leaves: very tiny brownish-black leaves

Steep: 2m

Aroma: Smokey

Color: Black

Taste: Before buying this tea i had never heard of Pu-erh before, it was something completely new and still is. Before brewing I had rinsed the tea twice each time for 1 minute b/c I read it’s good to rinse Pu-erh. Then the brewing process I was surprised at how dark the color was it remind me of black coffee. As for the taste I’m not sure how to describe it, but it’s a very smooth tea.

K S

Alreot – my opinion, a rinse of only a couple seconds is enough (I usually don’t rinse at all). Also you can steep this for 30 seconds or less and it will give a nice cup that is a lighter in color but just as smooth. It will resteep many times changing slightly in flavor as you go.

Alreot

Thanks for the tip :) I found it interesting that you can steep it for a few seconds.

TeaVivre

Hi Alreot, I agree with K S, a rinse should be quick. usually 2-3 seconds. If you use a Gaiwan or Yixing teapot, it can be resteeped many times until it loses flavor.

Comments

K S

Alreot

TeaVivre

I’m a student majoring in Psychology. I really got into tea early last year (2013). I’m happy I stumbled upon Steepster because I’ve been able to learn soo much more! Before I drank my tea from tea bags never really venturing out to try loose tea.

I’m apart of Teavivre Free tasting activity,I joined after making my first purchase with them earlier this year.

Tea Ratings:
90-100 = Very Good! (90,95)
80-89 = Good (80,85)
70-79 = Okay (70,75)
60-69 = Didn’t like (60,65)

*I may adjust ratings depending on when the tea was brewed again & if i liked it more or less.

Companies (ordered from* / work with**)
Teavivre**

Black-
Oolong- Rinse
Green- 15 minute cool down
White-

(Working on updated brewing notes June 2014)

USA