I got this as a sample with my order and it’s like nothing I have tasted before. At first I’m getting a verrry subtle hint of something that I can’t quite pinpoint…saffron? Cardamom? I’m intrigued.

And then…the pastry flavor emerges. It’s like a buttery honey-glazed raisin bun. The flavors are layered in such a way that every mouthful feels like a sip of tea followed by a bite of pastry. I feel like I’m at an afternoon tea; the only thing missing is a pretty china cup (this deserves so much more than my clunky work mug!). This is a treat-yourself kind of tea, and I’m not ready to let it go after just one encounter. It’s definitely going onto the must-buy list.

Butiki Teas

So glad you are enjoying it! We only have 1 half ounce pouch left of this. Let me know if you want me to save it for you. After that, we won’t have any in stock until July/August when it is harvested.

Alysha

That would be great! I’ll PM you.

Comments

Butiki Teas

Alysha

That would be great! I’ll PM you.

I recently discovered loose leaf after a long and uninspiring relationship with teabags. I’ve been in love ever since (sorry bags, I just don’t feel that spark anymore).

Food is a passion for me and my love of scents and flavors has translated into an excitement for trying new teas. I’m trying to expand my palate with all different types, and currently my favorites are oolongs and greens.

Vancouver, Canada