Why doesn’t this tea exist anymore? So sad.

Woke up this morning with the first sore throat of the season. I love the cooler weather, but it doesn’t love me. I’ve been saving the last of this stuff for when I really needed it, and today was the day.

The first time I had this tea, as noted by my previous review of it, it absolutely transported me directly back to my high-school years. It really seems to capture the essence of autumn, yet at the same time soothes away the health-related side-effects of the season.

I find myself a little saddened considering I may never experience this “flashback” tea again. There is a 2004 Tea Trail offering I’d like to try, but at $14.50 for an ounce, I’m admittedly a little apprehensive.

But doing the math, there’s about 28 grams to an ounce, and I use four grams a session; I’m getting seven sessions out of an ounce, putting the price just over two dollars a session— about as much as I pay for a cup of coffee on the way home from a frustrating work day.

But after a frustrating work day, I could just as easily tie into a relaxing gongfu session with a good tea, and enjoy it far more than I would absentmindedly sipping on coffee. So even expensive tea isn’t really all that expensive, and honestly, good tea is worth it.

Terri HarpLady

Very nicely put, Aiko!

DaisyChubb

I loooved this one. A great experience!