drank Organic Assam by KIMICHA

have just received my first shipment from Kimicha’s Black tea by mail club, which is quite different from a blackmail club, thankfully. The Organic Assam is one of two teas I received this month & it is the first I chose to try because I eAssam as part of Irish Breakfast, my favourite tea. the first thing i noticed was its fragrance when i opened the package. It is an olefactory delight. usually i have to steep teas beyond their longest recommended steeping time because i like my teaspoon to stand up in the cup, but in this case the max 5 min steeping time may be a bit much. i taste a wee bit of bitterness that probably wouldn’t have been there if i’d steeped for less. still, it’s a full-bodied tea. it’s the first time I’m drinking Assam on its own. I can see why it’s used as a base for blends. i like it, but feel like there’s something missing. i might try blending it with another tea. if anyone has any experience with Assam blends, I’d be delighted to hear…

i write. i drink mostly loose leaf. love strong black teas such as Irish Breakfast or Lapsang Souchong, but can also enjoy a good roobios or green tea. have recently discovered White tea & oolongs. love the variety tea offers. it’s inspiring for writing.

Ottawa, Ontario CANADA