drank Palm Court by Harney & Sons

There’s a lot going on in this tea. I also think I get different flavors every time I drink it. It’s a blend made up of: Keemun, Assam, Oolong, and Ceylon. I initially tasted a lot of Assam, which made me think I should cut the brewing the time (I usually just go for three minutes with Assams), but then the strangest thing happened…

I was sitting in class with a big thermos of this, trying to wake myself up. All of it sudden, it tasted like a pure Keemun. I kept wondering if I had brewed a Keemun instead in the morning (let’s face it- mornings and me aren’t the closest of friends). I didn’t think about it for the rest of the day. The next morning I pried my eyes open and made sure I brewed the right tea… same thing happened.

Maybe the teas weren’t evenly distributed in the blend I received. Regardless, it’s not a bad tea, but it needs to make up its mind!

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio