drank Assam Melody by Adagio Teas

I just finished my sample of this tea (wow, that didn’t take me long at all!). In other words, I greatly enjoyed this tea. Originally I made the mistake of steeping it for 5 minutes, which, in my opinion, ruined it. I could hardly taste any notes besides bitterness. Steeping it at 3 or 4 really helped bring out more of the flavors.

The smell, oddly enough, reminded me of a humid, hot summer day overblown with moist grass and hay. The taste was very smooth , yet brisk with a noticeable astringency. While nothing really stood out, it made the perfect complement to any one of my lunches and yet it could easily be enjoyed on its own.

I’m currently attending college. I’m just about done with my undergraduate study in art history. In my free time I love playing piano (Chopin!) and composing music. I also enjoy writing poetry. Really, I just love the Romantic period in art (with the exception of the visual arts- go figure) and continually draw my inspiration from that era.

I’m very interested in nutrition and using herbs to heal. Herbs also taste great, so that’s just another bonus! Before I got into tea, I got into herbs first. I think I’m pretty weird in this regard. I can’t imagine many people would find drinking a decoction made from tree bark to be very tasty… and yet I do. Purely for taste, I love peppermint and ginger more than any other herb. I could, and do, drink those almost daily. I also love rooibos and honeybush.

I have a penchant for Indian & Chinese black teas and Japanese greens, but I’ll try anything once. I’m trying to get into other types of tea as well. I prefer to drink my teas plain, but I’ll very seldom add honey to some herbs (ginger).

United States, Ohio